My wife and I are shopping for sit on top kayaks to use on the weekends. The primary purpose is to paddle flat water lakes and rivers, but we both like to angle (fish) and could possible do some angling from the kayaks as well. However, the angling kayaks are significantly more expensive. Is it any more difficult to use a standard sit on top kayak to fish from than from a angling kayak? If so, elaborate on the difficulties please.
- HYBRID: A Sit-on-top you can stand-up and paddle
- Hull: Wave-piercing displacement style bow, broad planning hull with integral tri-fin design
- Storage: Stern deck bungee allows for storage of accessory kayak paddle blade to convert Carlisle Taboo SUP paddle to a kayak paddle
- Foot well: Padded flat bottomed foot wells offer comfortable and secure foot placement while SUP or kayak paddling
- Transport: Two side-mounted carry handles help transport the boat/board and also aid with climbing on board from the water
A sit-on-top you can stand up and paddle. The Ocean Kayak Nalu paddle board is a stable platform for any beginning to intermediate paddler or paddle boarder. Perfect in flat water or moderate surf, the Nalu delivers a different kind of fun on the water.
FEATURES: Hybrid molded-in seating area, Storage bungee, Two carrying handles, Comfortable foot wells, Molded-in integral fins
SEATING: Seats one
SPECIFICATIONS: LENGTH 11′ / 3.3 m, WIDTH 31″ / 78.7 cm, WEIGHT 40 lbs / 18.1 kg, MAX CAPACITY 225-275 lbs / 102.1 – 124.7 kg
- Capacity: One Adult, 300-350 lbs. maximum capacity, perfect for anyone in the family
- Foot wells: Ocean Kayak patented overlapping foot wells for comfortable seating position whatever your leg length
- Transport: Ergonomic bow and stern carry handles for easy transport
- Storage: Oversized stern tank well with bungees and 6″ Cam Lock hatch with storage bucket
- Convenience: Left and right side mount paddle keepers for easy storage of your paddle and other items while you relax on the water.
Tried and true the first Ocean Kayak Scrambler was launched over fifteen years ago. Several things have changed during that time but the design of our stable and efficient Tri-Form Hull has stayed the virtually unchanged. The hull responds well in ocean swells and surf. It also tracks well on flat water making it an excellent choice for the paddler who wants to do everything from kayak surfing to fishing to a casual day paddle. Over fifteen years of proven ability, the Scrambler 11 continues to be the kayak of choice for paddlers wanting versatility combined with fun. Made in the USA of durable roto-molded polyethylene plastic.
FEATURES: 6″ Cam Lock Hatch with storage bucket, Oversized tank well with bungee, Paddle keepers, Molded-in cup holder, and Built-in ergonomic bow and stern handles.
SEATING: Seats one adult (seat back rest additional).
SPECIFICATIONS: LENGTH 11′ 6.5″ / 3.6 m, WIDTH 29.5″ / 74.9 cm, SEAT WIDTH 14″ / 35.6 cm, WEIGHT 49 lbs / 22.2 kg, MAX CAPACITY 300-350 lbs / 136.1-158.8 kg.